Staff Blogs: Highly Recommended
- Archdiocese of Washington Blog – Monsignor Charles Pope writes daily for the archdiocesan blog on many topics including catechesis, theology, art, music, and culture.
- Can We Cana – Can We Cana? is an online marriage support community offering Pre-Cana posts to help couples prepare for marriage, Pray-Cana posts to nourish a couple’s spiritual life, and Post-Cana posts with practical advice about living married life joyfully day by day.
- Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks – A place where all things southern, spiritual, and seasonal meet pictures, poetic words, pretty paper, and prayers. Blog by Cay Gibson.
- Catechesis in the Third Millennium – Blog by William O’Leary*
- CATECHIST DAILY – Blog by Elizabeth Tichvon
- Christopher’s Apologies – Blog by Christopher Smith. O.P.
- Marc Cardaronella – Blog by Marc Cardaronella.
- Plot Line and Sinker: Catholic Novelist shares thoughts on writing, motherhood, NFP and other Catholic themes. Blog by Helen Gable Hrkach
- Relevant Catechesis – Updated Blog by William O’Leary*
- Scrutinies – Blog by Dorian Speed
- Snoring Scholar – Blog and resources by Sarah Reinhard
- Sticking It To The Corners – Blog by Jennifer Fitz
- Water Into Wine – Blog by Lisa Mladinich
Books and Catholic Products
- Living Faith – the beloved adult devotional
- Living Faith for Kids – devotionals for children
- Ignatius Press – online store for books, movies, documentaries, music, art, audio, and streaming video
- Our Sunday Visitor – online store for books, magazines, apps, many resource webpages for teachings of the church
- Scepter Publishers – online store for books, e-books, and videos
- Sophia Institute Press – publishes and distributes faithful Catholic classics and new texts by the great enduring figures of the Catholic intellectual tradition.
- Suffering Servant Scriptorium – publishes and distributes works of Catholic Scriptural prayer, such as, the Most Holy Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
- Full Quiver Publishing – Books by great authors including Amazing Catechists’ own Ellen Gable Hrkach
- Michael’s Rosaries – unique and custom one-of-a-kind, heirloom quality rosaries
- Christian Books Today – classic Christian books, Liturgical, progressive, or in-between.
- Catholic Faith Store – wide variety of inspirational gifts
- Ave Maria Press – many books and resources – a ministry of the United States Province of the Holy Cross
- Franciscan Media/Servant Books – Publisher of many books in Franciscan Spirituality and other Catholic subjects and media
- Liguori Publications – publisher of many books and resources for learning the faith
- Pauline Books and Media – huge selection of books, music, DVD, and App, and many books for children from Daughters of St. Paul
- Steubenville Conferences – Franciscan conferences for youth, young adults, and adults
- National Association of Catholic Conference Directors (Catholic Online listing) – State listings
- NFCYM Conferences – engaging national conferences for youth ministry
- Spirit and Life Franciscan Conferences Podcasts – conversations with Franciscan University of Steubenville’s Conference Speakers & Staff
- Star Quest Production Network – a wide variety of Catholic podcasters providing information on faith, saints, news, culture, and entertainment
- Eternal Word Television Network – most of the EWTN TV shows available in audio podcast formats, and also a few in video podcast formats.
- Among Women Podcast – great podcast hosted by Amazing Catechists’ own Pat Gohn – wide variety of subjects
- Catholic Moments – great podcast hosted by Lisa Hendey (CatholicMom.com) – discussing books, movies, fitness, and career from a Catholic perspective.
- Almudi – News, books, movies, and resources
- La Nueva – prayers, radio program and resources
- Faculty of Religion –Meeting point for RELIGION TEACHERS aimed at the dissemination of educational knowledge.
Faith and Morals
- Catechism of the Catholic Church (USCCB) – online and to order + FAQ
- Catholic Education Resource Center -Your online resource library for the best in Catholic faith and culture
- Catholic Answers – Catholic Apologetics from some of the finest theologians, speakers and catechists.
- Eternal Word Television Network – EWTN TV & Radio shows on a wide variety of Catholic subjects.
- Institute of Catholic Culture – many audio and video presentations from prominent theologians and catechists
- Communities of Prayer -Communities of Prayer is dedicated to providing the resources and tools to properly form people in the most foundational element of the Christian faith prayer.
- Real Life Catholic – great video library from Christopher Stefanick
Family Internet Safety
- Blog from Catholic Web Services with many resources for protection and education
- Faith and Safety: Technology Safety through the Eyes of Faith – Great resources also from United State Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Causa Nostre Laetitae – Promoting the culture of life.
- Cause of Our Joy – Blog by Letetia Velasquez who is mother of three daughters, Gabriela,18, Isabella,14, and Christina, 9, with Down Syndrome. Writer and co-founder of Keep Infants with Down Syndrome
- Catholic Fire – blog about many Catholic subjects including pro-life issues.
- Helpers of God’s Precious Infants – Pro-Life Mission led by Monsignor Philip Reilly
- 40 Days for Life – the largest international coordinated pro-life movement – book and resources.
- Priests for Life – pro-life news and resources led by director, Fr. Frank Pavone
- Rachel’s Vineyard Ministry – for women & men in healing after abortion
- EWTN Saints – listing of saints both by date and alphabetically
- Catholic Online – saints and angels listed by month and alphabetically
- SQPN Saints – comprehensive listing of saints and histories and patronages
- USCCB – New American Bible Revised Edition (can subscribe to the daily readings)
- Bible Gateway – Many versions of the Bible including Catholic, Christian, and foreign languages.
- CATECHIST Magazine – a superb resource for all those who teach the Catholic faith in parishes, Catholic schools, and in the home.
- Pflaum Gospel Weeklies – catechists use these as great supplements to their regular lessons, and some parishes use them as the whole lesson, depending on age and grade.
- Catechetical Sunday – resources for clergy, teachers, catechists, and families (USCCB)
- Catholic Catechist – providing Catholic resources to religious educators
- Catholic Mom – resources for family, educators, and catechists
http://catholicmom.com/faith/religious-education/ (Religious Education Resources)
http://catholicmom.com/education-2/lesson-plans/ (Lesson Plans)
- Our Sunday Visitor – education resources and blog
https://www.osv.com/MyFaith/Education.aspx (Education Resources)
https://www.youtube.com/user/oursundayvisitor (YouTube videos)
- Fish Eaters – useful lists for Catholic teaching
- Catechists Online – resources for catechists
- Oriental Trading – school decorations and craft supply
- Free Conference – free conference call system
- Archdiocese of New York Catechetical Office — resources for catechists
- Cartoon Key to Heaven – videos and other resources
- Catechism Class — store offering many online catechism classes and resources
- Ascension Press – Catholic Faith Formation Resources — look at Chosen, Walking with Mary, and Great Adventure Bible series
- Augustine Institute – Catholic Faith Formation Resources including – Symbolon Adult Faith Formation
- Word On Fire – Catholic Faith teaching with books, blog, DVDs, and website with Fr. Robert Barron – site now totally searchable for catechists
- Dynamic Catholic — many books and media resources from Matthew Kelly (see NEW Decision Point program for Sacrament of Confirmation)
Theology of the Body
- Chastity.com – Catholic Answers chastity outreach
- Rise of the TOB – Blog about Theology of the Body
- Pure Fashion – the modesty movement in fashion, with program and resources to share
- Catholic Body Image – Dr. John Acquaviva – speaker and book on Theology of the Body and Health & Fitness
- Theology of the Body Evangelization Team -TOBET seeks to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, spread hope, and, by word and example, draw all people into the Communion of Persons of the Blessed Trinity by instructing others about Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body for the renewal and sanctification of the family, the Church, and the rest of society.
- Chastity Project – great resources for teachings and support in chastity in speakers, books, DVDs, and App.
- Vatican – links to The Holy See’s documents including encyclicals, homilies, prayers, and speeches
- Vatican Library – digital library of The Vatican in Rome, Italy
- The Papal Archives – Over 1,000 years of documents at The Vatican on 85 kilometers of bookshelves — now being digitized.
- Evangelii Gaudium – “Joy of the Gospel” Apostolic Exhortation by Pope Francis
- Humanae Vitae – “Human Life” encyclical by Pope Paul VI
Catholic Womanhood or Manhood
- Women of Grace – Women of Grace is a Catholic apostolate whose mission is to transform the world one woman at a time by affirming women in their dignity and vocation as daughters of God and in their gift of authentic femininity.
- Fathers for Good – an initiative for fathers by the Knights of Columbus
Young Adult Ministry
- Busted Halo – young adult ministry resources – a ministry of the Paulist Fathers
- Ignitum Today – a ministry for the New Evangelization Generation
- LifeTeen – programs and resources for teenagers and catechists in Youth Ministry
- Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge – blog about Youth Ministry
- No Question Left Behind – teens helping teens
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry – resources for Youth Ministers
- Catholic Counselors / Pastoral Solutions Institute – founded by Dr. Gregory K. Popcak
- Catholic Therapists – offering sound psychology, solid faith, and healing.