Ashes: Visible & Invisible by CatholicTeenBooks
A boy in ancient Israel, a girl in modern-day America, a young man in the far future, a dozen teenagers in different settings. What do they all have in common? Each of these otherwise unrelated young people is presented with a choice, the same choice that every teen must make at some point in their lives: God or self. Sacrifice or selfishness.
CatholicTeenBooks.com is excited to announce its newest anthology: Ashes: Visible and Invisible. This short story collection will both entertain young readers and invite them into a deeper understanding of Lent and their faith.
Some characters in this anthology risk being eaten by dinosaurs, others must simply rise to a new level of maturity in their everyday life, while some must choose a higher level of generosity. The stakes may vary, but each character learns a valuable lesson about sacrifice as they grow in their faith.
Lent is a beautiful liturgical season that is, sadly, often misunderstood. Too often, young people feel it’s just “the time when you must give something up,” but it can be so much more. Lent should be a liturgically rich season of walking with Christ, even as he approaches Calvary. The authors at CatholicTeenBooks wanted to explore some of the variety this season offers and make it more attractive and understandable to teens.
Ashes: Visible & Invisible by Leslea Wahl, Cynthia T. Toney, Marie Keiser, Carolyn Astfalk, Amanda Lauer, Ellen Gable, Corinna Turner, Antony B. Kolenc, T. M. Gaouette, Theresa Linden
- When Liz’s faith journey hits a roadblock, will an unexpected detour and chance encounter set her back on track?
- A teen’s future was all set—before his tragic loss. But his friend’s secret past just might save it.
- Justin’s religion is outlawed. When an unbeliever asks him about the meaning of life, what can he say?
- Could God be asking Paul to sacrifice a piece of himself for Lent—literally?
- A modern American teen discovers what faith, life and love are like in seventeenth-century Scotland.
- Asher’s desire to prepare for the Messiah intensifies after he’s robbed by bandits but would fighting alongside the Zealots be the best way?
- When a risky Ash Wednesday mission to sterilize T. rex eggs goes wrong, fasting is the least of Joshua, Darryl, and Harry’s worries.
- A medieval girl stranded on a forsaken path confronts threats from without and turmoil from within.
- Struggling with loss, hunger, and temptation, Ethan finds himself walking in the steps of Jesus.
From the early days of the Church, objects touched to holy men and women have been linked to the miraculous, such as described in Acts: “when face cloths or aprons that touched his skin were applied to the sick, their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.” Acts 19:12
Tour-wide Giveaway (US Winners Only)
If you make a purchase via a link on this site, we may receive a small commission. There will be no added cost to you. Thank you!